Information we collect
We collect personal information about you when you visit one of our stores, use our Websites ("Websites"), or use our web or mobile device applications ("Mobile Apps") or if you communicate with us by phone, e-mail and social media. We refer to our Websites and Apps collectively as "Online Services".
The types of personal information we collect includes:
- Personal details such as your name, address, date of birth, email address, phone number and other contact information Transaction information, such as the product you purchased, its price, your method of payment and your payment details.
- Information about you like your employment details, financial position and information taken from identification documents like your passport or driving license when we review your application for insurance or loans offered by selected third parties partners
- Your account information – such as dates of payments owed and received, the subscription services you use or any other information related to your account
- The phone numbers that you call/send messages to or the phone numbers that you receive calls/messages from.
- The date and time of the calls and messages you send or receive through our network, and your location at the time these communications take place.
When you're online the information we collect includes:
- Account information, like your username, password, and other identifiers or credentials you use to access our online services or to buy our products and services, details of your shopping preferences, such as your favorite brands and products, as well as which of our stores you prefer to shop in
- Details of your visits to the Website, in-store WIFI or App and the resources that you access. Examples include ads that you click, device information and your location
- IP address and cookie data
- Information that you provide in your dealings with us. This includes when you register to use our online services, or when you subscribe to our services or request further services and/or information from us.
The situations when you provide personal information could include when you:
- Purchase products at our stores or through our contact centre
- Register or use our Online Services
- Request to receive marketing or other communications
- Use our Wi-Fi networks or other in-store tech
- Enter one of our competitions or when you complete one of our customer surveys
- Submit information when you're providing feedback
- Use interactive features of our Online Services.
How we use your information
The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data. These are set out below.
When we're required to enter into a contract with you We use your personal information to process your orders and payments or to give you a refund.
Where you have provided consent We use email and text messages to communicate with you about our products and services, competitions, offers, promotions or special events where you tick a box.
- To provide a upgrade, stock level or reminder of services
- To send you a renewal notice
- If you give us permission, to communicate with you about our third party partners that we believe may interest you
Where there is a Legitimate Interest As a Company we are often required to process your personal data in order to carry out certain tasks relating to our business activities. In such cases, processing of personal data can be justified on grounds of legitimate interest.
- To provide customer support and to respond to, and communicate with you about your requests
- To contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information
- To check our records are right and to check every now and then that you're happy and satisfied (e.g. customer surveys).
- For marketing activities (other than where we rely on your consent) e.g. marketing permissions captured during the course of a sale, personal marketing messages through social media and other third party platforms;
- To send promotional material (e.g. renewals) to you in the post or inform you of our offers by telephone
- To comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights (for example where you have asked us not to contact you for marketing purposes, we will keep a record of this on our suppression lists in order to be able to comply with your request)
- To send communications to you about your orders, purchases or accounts and bill you for using our products or services
- To let you post on our blogs and interact with us through social media.
Personalize & Improve our Service
- To personalize your experience on our online services. This could include providing you with interesting, relevant content, or making navigation to our Sites and Mobile Apps easier
- To help us understand more about you as a customer, the products and services you use, the way you use them and how you shop across the company, so we can serve you better
- Improve the content and appearance of the Website(s) or App(s), and to make sure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you
- To operate, evaluate and improve our business, including the development of new products and services; to determine the effectiveness of our sales, marketing and advertising; and the analysis and improvement of our products, offers, promotions, and Online Services and other technologies
- To show you relevant ads by using data collected from your devices, including your searches, location, ads that you have seen and personal information that you have given us, such as your age range, gender and topics of interest. Dependent on your Ads Settings, this data informs the ads that you see across your devices. So if you visit our website on your computer at work, you might see ads about our products or services on your phone later that night.
- Where you fail to repay what you owe Us or return our property, we may need to trace your whereabouts (sometimes using a tracing Agent) in order to recover payment or reclaim property. This might be carried out by a third Party debt recovery agent on our behalf
- To protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities
- For network and information security in order for us to take steps to protect your information against loss or damage, theft or unauthorized access.
When we're required to comply with our Legal Obligation
We'll use your personal information to comply with our legal obligations including:
- To identify you when you contact us
- To verify the accuracy of data that we hold about you
- To assist government and/or the Police and/or other regulatory bodies in relation to an investigation by a public authority.
Where it is in your Vital Interest
In certain circumstances it is in your vital interests for us to process your personal information. We may need to contact you if there are any urgent safety or product recall notices or where we otherwise reasonably believe that the processing of your personal information will prevent or reduce any potential harm to you.
Who we share you personal information with
Our partners We work with partners, suppliers, insurers and agencies so they can process your personal information on our behalf and only where they meet our standards on the processing of data and security. We only share information that helps them provide their services to us or to help them provide their services to you. For example, some of our service providers place advertising for us online, about our products and services and those of our retail partners, suppliers and third parties. As a result, where you have indicated you are happy to receive marketing from us, you might see online advertising that we have placed on the web sites you visit, or the interactive services you use.
Other organizations and individuals We may transfer your personal information to other organizations in certain scenarios. For example:
- When you apply for credit or purchase an insurance product we'll pass on your information to trusted third party partners responsible for these products. Please note we act as a credit broker and not as a lender in respect of our insurance products credit facility.
- If required to by law, under any code of practice by which we are bound or we're asked to do so by a public or regulatory authority such as the Police or the governing authority.
- Information may also be shared with fraud prevention agencies to prevent fraudulent claims
- If we need to do so in order to exercise or protect our legal rights, users, systems and services
- In response to requests from individuals (or their representatives) seeking to protect their legal rights or the rights of others.
- If you own a business item under our branding, we may share your pictures and profile within our social shares such as FaceBook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Youtube etc… to help promote your business as well as brand awareness.
- With emergency services (if you make an emergency call), including your approximate location
Credit Reference Agencies In order to process your application we'll supply your personal information to credit reference agencies (CRAs) and they will give us information about you.
This will include information from your credit application and about your financial situation and financial history. CRAs will supply to us both public (including the electoral register) and shared credit, financial situation and financial history information and fraud prevention information. We will use this information to:
- Assess your creditworthiness and whether you can afford to take the product
- Verify the accuracy of the data you have provided to us
- Prevent criminal activity, fraud and money laundering
- Trace and recover debts
- To make sure any offers provided to you are appropriate to your circumstances.
We'll also continue to exchange information about you with CRAs on an on-going basis, including about your settled accounts and any debts not fully repaid on time. CRAs will share your information with other organizations. Your data will also be linked to the data of your spouse, any joint applicants or other financial associates.
International transfers of your personal information
If we do transfer information to our agents or advisers outside of your country, we will make sure that it is protected in the same way as if it was being used in your country.
How we use your information to make automated decisions
We sometimes use systems to make automated decisions based on your personal information or the information we are allowed to collect from others about you or your business (for example where we perform credit checks). This helps us to make sure our decisions are quick, fair, efficient and correct, based on what we know. These automated decisions can affect the products, services or features we may offer you now or in the future, or the price that we charge you for them.
Your rights You have rights over automated decisions.
- Under certain circumstances, you can ask that we do not make our decision based on the automated score alone
- You can object to an automated decision, and ask that a person reviews it.
If you want to know more about these rights, please contact us
How long we keep your personal information
We will keep your personal information for as long as you're a customer. If you haven't made a purchase or engaged with us for 3 years or more, then we'll remove you from our marketing mailing lists. After you stop being a customer, we may keep your data for up to 7 years after the last time you interacted with us. This could include one of the ways specified in 'How we use your personal information' and for one of these reasons:
- To respond to any questions or complaints
- To show that we treated you fairly
- To maintain records according to rules that applies to us
- To establish, bring or defend legal claims.
We may keep your data for longer than 7 years if we cannot delete it for legal, regulatory or technical reasons. We may also keep it in order to help support product recalls or safety notices. If we do, we will make sure that your privacy is protected and only use it for those purposes.
We do not retain personal information in an identifiable format for longer than is necessary.
Access to Information held about you You have the right to request what personal information we hold about you. This is sometimes called a 'Data Subject Access Request'. If we agree that we are obliged to provide personal information to you (or someone else on your behalf), we'll provide it to you free of charge. Before providing personal information to you or another person on your behalf, we may ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interactions with us that we can locate your personal information. Except in rare cases, we'll respond to you within 30 days after we've received this information or, where no such information is required, after we've received your request.
If any of the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, you may ask us to correct it.
In certain circumstances you have the right to request a copy of your personal information from us or to have that information passed to an organization of your choice in a format that can be easily re-used.
Right to stop or limit our processing of your data
You have the right to object to us processing your personal information if we're not entitled to use it any more, to have your information deleted if we are keeping it too long or have its processing restricted in certain circumstances.
Where we rely on our legitimate interests, as set out under 'How we use your personal information', you may object to us using it for these purposes. If we agree that your objection is justified in accordance with your rights under data protection laws, we'll permanently stop using your data for those purposes. Otherwise we'll provide you with our justification as to why we need to continue using your data.
You can ask us to restrict the use of your personal information if:
- It isn't accurate.
- It has been used unlawfully but you don't want us to delete it.
- It's not relevant any more, but you want us to keep it for use in legal claims.
- You've already asked us to stop using your data but you're waiting for us to tell you if we're allowed to keep on using it.
Please note that we may be required by law to retain certain information. Before we are able to provide you with any information or correct any inaccuracies, we may ask you provide other details to help us respond to your request.
If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us
Please make sure you provide the following identification documents as part of your application:
- One proof of identity – we can accept an unexpired copy of either your passport or your driver's license
- One proof of address – we can accept a copy of most recent (and less than 3 months old) credit or debit card statement or a utility bill showing the same name and address on your account or driving license where it hasn't be used as proof of identity (see above)
How can you stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing
We won't send you marketing messages if you tell us not to.
- You can click onto the "unsubscribe" link in any communication that we send to you by email which will automatically unsubscribe you from that type of communication. Each "unsubscribe" link only relates to that specific type of communication. Please also note that you may continue to receive Service communications in relation to the product and services we have sold to you
- In relation to our App(s), you can manage your preferences in the Apps or contact us if you find difficulties.
- Alternatively, you can unsubscribe by submitting your request via the contact form on our website
Please note that it may take up to 28 days to process your request.
Ourselves, our affiliates and all companies within our organization use technical and organizational security measures to protect the personal information supplied by you against loss, destruction, and any unauthorized access by third parties.
Links to other websites
We use so-called social plugins (buttons) of social networks such as Facebook, Google+, You Tube, Instagram and Twitter.
After activation of a button, the social network can retrieve data, independently of whether you interact with the button or not. If you are logged on to a social network, the network can assign your visit to the website to your user account. A social network cannot assign a visit to websites operated by our other group companies unless you activate the respective button there as well.
If you're a member of a social network and don't want that network to combine data retrieved from your visit to our websites with data they hold on you, you must log out from the social network concerned before activating the buttons.
What are cookies?
How are cookies managed?
The cookies stored on your computer or other devices when you access our websites are designed by:
- Ourselves, or on behalf of and subsidiaries of us, and are necessary to let you make purchases on our website;
- third parties who participate with us in marketing programms; and
- third parties who broadcast web banner advertisements on our behalf.
What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are: –
- For technical purposes essential to effective operation of our websites, particularly in relation to on-line transactions and site navigation.
- For us to market to you, particularly web banner advertisements and targeted updates.
- To let us collect information about your browsing and shopping patterns, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions etc.
- To let us meet its contractual obligations to make payments to third parties when you purchase a product visiting our website from a site operated by those parties.
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below:
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the menu "tools" then "Internet Options"
- Click on the "privacy" tab
- Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
- Choose Settings > Advanced
- Under "Privacy and security," click "Content settings".
- Click "Cookies"
- Choose Preferences > Privacy
- Click on "Remove all Website Data"
For Mozilla firefox:
- Choose the menu "tools" then "Options"
- Click on the icon "privacy"
- Find the menu "cookie" and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
- Choose the menu "Files" > "Preferences"
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on our sites. If you disable all cookies, you won't be able to complete a purchase on our sites.
If you have a question or a complaint about this policy, the way your personal information is handled, please contact us by filling out the contact form on this website/application.
Complaining to the Data Protection Regulator You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office within your own country.
Changes to this Policy We may review this policy from time to time and any changes maybe notified to you by posting an updated version on our website and/or by contacting you by email.
SECTION 1 - WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer's internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Email marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates.
SECTION 2 - CONSENT
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at
or mailing us at:
8605 Santa Monica Blvd #42783, West Hollywood, 90069 California USA.
SECTION 3 - DISCLOSURE
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
SECTION 5 - THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
SECTION 6 - SECURITY
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
SECTION 7 - COOKIES
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We've listed them here so you that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
_session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
_shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider's internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
_shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
_secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
SECTION 8 - AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at email@example.com or by mail at
8605 Santa Monica Blvd #42783, West Hollywood, 90069 California USA.
Just drop us a line.